The pain in your shoulder is so intense that you have had to start yourself on a steady diet of pain killers. When that did not work, you decided to find the nearest ER care without the wait. Unfortunately, in your rush to find a solution for the pain, you did not think about either the cost or the consequences. In fact, your rush to find ER care without the wait left you in a situation where you may be paying for the bills for months, maybe even years, to come.
In almost all cases, the decision to go to hospital emergency room in a non emergency situation is never the right one. When you carefully consider the options, an urgent care clinic can help you find reliable medical care at an affordable price in a very timely fashion. Whether you are looking for a flu treatment or relief from severe shoulder pain, a convenient medical treatment center is the best option. Consider some of these facts and figures about why a medical clinic is the better option over a hospital emergency room:
- The average ratio for patient-per-hour for urgent care physicians is 4.5 patients, according to the American Academy of Urgent Care Medicine. This will vary on the acuity or severity of the condition of the patient.
- Hospital emergency rooms serve a very important purpose. They are not, however, the place to receive care for non emergency conditions.
- Estimates indicate that the average urgent care clinics seven exam or treatment rooms.
- Convenient medical treatments do not need to be expensive. Clinics can provide the care that you need for a fraction of the cost.
- An urgent care-treatable case that lands in a hospital emergency room typically costs an average of $2,039. In comparison, the same case treated in an urgent care facility would only cost $226.
- Research indicates that the nation will be short more than 90,000 physicians by they year 2020. Even worse, studies show that by the year 2025, the nation will be short 130,000 physicians, according Association of American Medical Colleges projections.
- Eealy as the year 2009, there were fewer medical school seniors who selected Family Medicine as their specialty than in 2008.
- Your pain can sometimes get the better of you, but you should not let it lead you to making an expensive mistake.
- Over the counter pain relief is not always enough to help you get the relief that you need.
- Unless you are in an emergency situation, you should not be paying the high price of a hospital ER.
- Nearly all urgent care centers in 2014 operated seven days a week . In fact 97% were open every weekday, as well as on weekends. In addition, 99% were open at least 4 hours a day.
- Estimates indicate that 50% of urgent care centers are owned by a physician or a group of physicians.
- Every ER care without the wait is an option that can provide the answers you need at a price that you can afford.
- Doctors and nurses staff medical clinics, as well as hospital emergency rooms.
When you are in search of THE CARE YOU NEED, it is important to take the time to consider all of the options that are available to you. If you think that you need ER care without the wait, it is important to consider where you will look for that care. If not, you may be paying far more than you need for a condition that could have easily been solved in another setting that is less expensive.