The average home has 300,000 items in it and with so many items things become misplaced very easily.
The Daily Mail says that over the course of a lifetime, people spend a time equivalent of about 153 days searching for lost items. What’s more, research shows we lose up to nine items every day and nearly 200,000 over the course of a lifetime.
Of the many items that are lost daily and over the course of a lifetime, one of the most common is shoes. According to a survey, 24% of people said shoes were the item they misplace the most.
To cut down on the number of lost shoes, keys and other easily misplaced household items, there are number of options for storage Doing this will not only keep things in order, but will more than likely free up some space in your house.
Options for storage include:
- Storing them in an ottoman
- Storage lockers
- Storing them under a bed in shoe boxes
- Storing them in a cube organizer, perhaps a 6 cube organizer or a nine cube organizer
- Recycling Bins from DIY shops like IKEA
- Rolling storage crates or bins
There are many options for household storage, but one of the most common is modular storage. Modular storage is very popular and can easily remove much of your household clutter. Benefits of modular storage include:
- Versatility: One of the biggest benefits of modular storage is that it comes in all sorts of shapes, sizes and colors. Maybe you want to organize items in your bedroom in a 12 cube organizer. Maybe you want to make your kitchen tidier with a three shelf organizer. Perhaps the bathroom would be a lot more organized with cube organizer bins.
Whatever your preferences are for keeping things in order, modular storage offers endless possibilities. You can get literally anything you want to transform whatever part of your house you want and you can pick pieces for specific areas of the house.
- Lightweight: Another benefit of modular storage is that it’s very lightweight. Its design allows people to easily break apart and reconfigure pieces as needed and it makes moving the storage pieces much easier. Modular storage is meant for just that, storage, and homeowners won’t have to worry about bulky, heavy pieces taking up space in a part of the house they aren’t needed in.
- Durable: Modular storage may be lightweight, but it’s far from flimsy. On the contrary, it’s quite sturdy and you can storage a lot of items without having to worry about whether the storage pieces will break. Want to store your hardcover books? Go ahead. Need a place to store your entire DVD or CD collection? No problem. The only thing you’ve got to keep in mind is the weight limits on whatever piece of modular storage you’re using.
- Cost effective: Not only is modular storage lightweight and durable, it’s also very affordable. If you buy several pieces of convertible furniture that can be combined into one larger piece, you’re ultimately going to save money over the long haul.
- Modern look: If you’re got a certain décor in your home, you can rest easy knowing there are pieces of modular storage available that will fit right in with your existing décor. Forget about investing in trucks and armoires for storage. Instead you can get versatile pieces that have glossy finishes, look clean and can add a certain something wherever you put them in your home.
The National Soap and Detergent Association estimates that 80% of clutter in the average household happens because of disorganization and not from a lack of space.
Rather than wasting time and spending precious minutes looking for essential items, make modular storage pieces work for you and help eliminate clutter. There are plenty of options and odds are very high you can find a stylish, lightweight, durable piece that’s affordable and can make your house much less cluttered.