How Donating Clothing can Help Save the World

    Written by Nick on . Posted in Charities that pick up donations, Donation pick up, Helping families in need

    Donations for military families

    It is 2016 and it seems like we are a few bad choices away from being the exact world from Idiocracy. Specifically the scene in that film where you find their solution to their waste solution. Their solution is to stack all of their garbage miles high on top of each other. A giant garbage mountain isn’t exactly what we are experiencing yet, but it’s unfortunately seeming more and more possible.

    Throwing away things like clothes and textiles that can easily be donated and recycled is destroying the world. We all have to stop throwing out our clothing and begin to donate clothes.

    In 2011, about two million tons of clothing were donated to charity in the United States. About two million! Sounds like a huge number, right? Well that was only 10%. The other 90% of clothin

    A Veteran Fought For You Its Time to Thank Our Soldiers

    Written by Nick on . Posted in Donation pick up, Military families, Veterans clothing donations

    Donation pick up md

    There are a few basic needs that no person should be without: food, water, shelter, and clothing to name a few. Clothing has become such a staple of many of our lives that most of us take the clothes on our back for granted. Each year Americans throw out a combined 12 million tons of clothing and textiles; its sad to think that up to 90% of those items thrown away in 2011 could have been taken by organizations that accept clothing donations.

    Who Are Our Neighbors in Need?

    Chances are, everyone has experienced a hard time during their lives. We can’t always control the situations that we find ourselves in: this too applies to those unfortunate enough to find themselves without a home. The Bureau of Labor Statistics stated that around 207,000 recent military veterans were unabl

    Four Excellent Ways for Helping Families in Need Through Your Generous Donations

    Written by Nick on . Posted in Donation pick up, Donations for non profit organizations, Green charities

    Donate clothes

    In the United States, many people have been hit hard by the recession. On top of that, we also have many men and women who have served in the military, and there is much that we can all do to start helping military families a bit more. If you’re interested in helping families in need in the United States, there’s one very simple thing that you can do: donate. Donations of clothing, food, household items, and other goods are all simple ways to help others in your area.

    Want to get started helping families in need where they need it most? Here are some ideas for potential donations.

    1.

    How To Help Our Troops On A Budget

    Written by Nick on . Posted in Charities for military families, Clothes donations, Donation pick up

    Local donation pick ups

    American children are putting their parents to shame. Kids of all ages are taking a few moments to write heartfelt letters to U.S. soldiers and veterans. “Thanks for protecting our country. [You] must be very brave joining the military,” one letter begins. “They say a man looks handsome in uniform. My favorite food is chicken wings, and I like to hang out with my friends.”

    True, the letters are unintentionally funny — but they are also making an incredible difference and brightening soldiers’ and veterans’ days. Similarly, American adults can commit to helping military families, soldiers, and/or veterans — without also committing a lot of time or money. Here are some of the best — a